Getting ready for your first pointe shoe fitting? Wondering what to bring? Here are some tips:
- Appointments are recommended. Sometimes we can accommodate a walk-in appointment, but not always.
- Make sure toenails are trimmed, but not so short that they are painful on the day of your fitting.
- Wear clean, convertible tights. You can also purchase a pair in the shop.
- Wear something comfortable and easy to move in. Anything long worn on legs will need to be pushed up during your appointment.
- Not your first rodeo? Bring your old pointe shoes, padding, etc. We'll have a quick look at how your old shoes are working (or not working) before we get started.
- Let us know your street shoe size, age, pointe experience, dance studio and any injuries you have had ahead of your appointment.
- Eat something before you come. Pointe shoe fittings need your full concentration and hunger can be distracting.
- Bring a camera! You'll have a chance to take some photos of you in your new shoes!
First-time pointe shoe dancers should expect to spend about an hour with our fitter.