We are a little obsessive about dancewear at The Station. We think about it all the time! Do you think of dance and/or dancewear at random moments, too? We’re putting together a little summer photo contest to see just how random your thoughts about dance and dancewear can be.
How to enter the Random Dance Thoughts Photo Contest:
1. Follow us on Instagram and/or Facebook.
2. Stop in the shop for your logo pin, logo sticker or logo tank. Logo pins are free until July 31. Online customers you may request a free pin with your next order dated before July 31.
3. Take a photo of something and include one of our logo products in the photo composition.
4. Post your photo on your Instagram story (or feed) or your Facebook feed and include:
@[Your Dance Studio] (we’re happy to share a little IG story space with your studio!)
#[Category] (from the list below)
You must include #randomdancethoughts, @theStationDancewearKalamazoo, tag your studio and include the category for your entry to qualify.
5. Send us a message from your Instagram story post so that we can see your post and repost it to our story. In your message, include your name or your dancer’s name (for parents whose dancers don’t have an Instagram account) in the message so that we can track your posts and $5 vouchers. If you have a private account, you will need to screenshot your posts and message them to us.
6. Repeat for another category (there are a total of 6 categories) anytime through August 5, 2019.
7. If you post more than once per category, you won’t earn additional Summer Sale Bucks, but your posts will be considered as entries in the grand prize voting part of the contest.
8. Save the dates of August 8-11 for our Big Summer Sale to come in to pick up your vouchers and use them toward any clearance items. Out-of-town customers can request a promo code by August 7 so that they can use their Summer Sale Bucks online.
9. Stay tuned to see who our photo contest finalists are. If you are a finalist, make sure to tell your friends to stop in during the Big Summer Sale to vote for your photo! Finalist photos will be chosen by The Station’s staff based on: creativity, artistic personality and ability to delight the judges (so, just be you and give it your best shot!).
10. The photo receiving the most votes during our Big Summer Sale will be announced at the close of business on August 11. Winner of grand prize must pick up prize by August 30, 2019.
Random Dancewear Thoughts Categories:
Dancewear (that you got at The Station): Include #dancewear on your post
Staycation (cool things you see near your home): Include #staycation on your post
Around the World (cool things you see on vacation or your adventures more than 1 hour from home): Include #aroundtheworld on your post.
Summer Dance (intensives, camp, classes or just dancing cause you feel like it): Include #summerdance on your post.
Nature (scenery, flora and fauna): Include #nature on your post
Everything Else: Include #everythingelse on your post
Your photo may fit more than one category. Please hashtag for the category you would like to use for classification and contest entry.
Your entry will be automatically disqualified if:
Your photo taking process is dangerous to you or others
Anyone, anything or property is hurt or damaged in the process of taking your photo
Your photo will make someone else feel bad.
Your photo includes identifiable people, places or things that you do not have permission to share.
Your photo is not following the other requirements of the contest.
Your photo does not have an authorized logo pin, sticker or tank included in the photo.
Staff at The Station has sole discretion in deciding which photos will continue on in the contest process. You will know your photo is received and accepted if you see it reposted on our story.
Random Dance Thoughts Photo Competition is not associated, sponsored or dreamt up by Instagram or Facebook.
Part 1: June 26-August 5
$5 of Summer Sale Bucks for each post, in each category. You can earn $5 for each category. With 6 categories, you can earn up to $30 of Summer Sale Bucks!
Maximum of $30 of Summer sale bucks for each dancer (or dance parent, in case of dancers too young for an Instagram account).
Our Big Summer Sale is from August 8-11. Your Summer Sale Bucks can be used like cash for any clearance pink-line item.
Clearance Pink-line items are final sale. Choose wisely if you are purchasing online.
Part 2: August 8-August 11
At the end of the entry period, we will choose a few of our favorite posts from each category. Customers shopping in person at our Summer Sale will vote for their favorite Random Dance Thought of the summer.
The winner of the Summer Sale Vote-Off will win a gift package that includes Gift Certificate for $100, good for any items in the store.
Open to our local and online customers or real people that are interested in being our customer.
No purchase is necessary to participate in the contest, but you must use one of the approved logo products in your photos. Logo pins can be picked up during regular shop hours or request a free pin in your next online order.
Each dancer (or parent of a younger dancer without their own account) may earn up to $30 in Summer Sale Bucks. Attempts to game the system with fake names or using multiple accounts will be an automatic disqualification from the contest.
Summer Sale Bucks must be picked up and used during our Big Summer Sale, August 8-11. Contest participants wishing to use their vouchers online must contact us by August 7 for their online promo code.
If you are a studio owner or dance instructor, you may enter the contest under your own name.
Please contact us if you would like to clarify eligibility requirements or contest rules.
It’s easy to earn some Summer Sale Bucks! Just take photos of things you think are interesting and include one of our logo products.
Need some examples to get your ideas flowing? See our gallery!